To honor the beginning of a food loving era and the continuation of a food loving life, I wanted to let you all in on my secret spinach dip recipe. What’s the secret you say? Well the secret is that it only takes four simple ingredients.
Ha ha. You say: that’s not possible.
But friends, it is.
To anyone who has had my spinach dip I hope you enjoyed its cheesy gooey garlicy goodness as much as I always do. To anyone who hasn’t: get ready for the easiest cheese induced coma of your life.
This recipe is literally perfect for any situation:
“Oh no, I have that dinner party thing and Cheryl asked me to bring a dish but I only have twenty minutes and my hair looks like a rabid squirrel has been nesting inside of it.”
“I told my partner I’d make them a romantic dinner but I spent all day binge watching Netflix and he’s on his way home.”
“I need cheese right now or I’ll scream.”
“Seriously cheese. CHEESE. NOW.”
“I want to eat something green that looks healthy but isn’t actually good for me, or taste like something green.”
Hence the magic of the Spinach Dip.
One block of cream cheese (don’t use light I beg of you)
1 1/2 cup Chopped spinach (this is really subjective, you can put as much or as little as you want)
3 Minced garlic cloves or 2 tbsp garlic powder/puree (I love garlic so this may be strong)
1 Package of mozzarella or garlic and herb flavour shredded cheese.
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 Celsius.
2. Chop the spinach and mince the garlic (if using real garlic)
3. Unwrap the cream cheese package and put it in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium heat for about 45 seconds, or until it softens.
3. Add the spinach and garlic to the cream cheese. Use a large spoon to mix together.
4. Add 1 cup shredded cheese into the bowl and mix again (or more I don’t judge on cheese loving).
5. Spread into casserole dish, brownie pan, pie plate, really whatever you have that can go into the oven.
6. Sprinkle with more shredded cheese.
7. Cook for 7 minutes, or until the edges are browning and the cheese is ooey-gooey.
That’s it. Serve with pita, nacho chips, bread, it’s the perfect compliment to carbs. You can even stuff it inside a chicken breast, or eat it with a spoon.
If you want to get crazy:
–Replace half of the mozarella cheese with goat cheese
-Add one cup of crumbled bacon
-Add diced chicken breast
– Add red peppers and artichoke