The first of many Tuesdays (and every toher day) dedicated to food features a delicious recipe for homemade peanut butter jelly cups! You may be thinking: can they really beat Reese’s? That’s still up for debate, but if you’re looking for a sweet and salty snack look no further. PB & J is too fantastic to be limited to sammies and our dreams. This recipe from Love Me Feed Me offers a fun alternative and easy party favour to please everyone and to bring out your inner child.
Oh and yeah, they’re vegan too.
These might require a trip to the store for some non-common households ingredients but trust me it will be worth it in the end.
- ¼ cup cacao butter or coconut oil
- ⅓ cup peanut flour
- 10-15 drops of liquid stevia
- ½ cup berries, fresh or frozen (I suggest rasberries!)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Start by making the jam – place berries in a saucepan with a splash of water over medium heat. Once they are soft and have cooked down a bit, remove from heat. Mash the berries with a fork, stir in the chia seeds, and then place in the fridge to set.
- Melt the cacao butter/coconut oil using a double boiler method or in the microwave. Once melted, stir in the peanut flour and stevia.
- Arrange 6 mini liners on a plate. Spoon some of the ‘peanut butter’ into each liner, just a little more than enough to line the bottom. Try to get some up on the sides of the liners as well. Place in freezer for a few minutes or until they have set.
- Once set, fill each with a layer of the berry jam. Try to keep it in the middle of the cup. Then with the remaining ‘peanut butter’ cover the tops of the cups.
- Place in freezer for at least 10 minutes to set.
- Then enjoy!
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
Recipe was found on http://www.lovemefeedme.net/pbj-cups/
Definitely suggest as a staple summer treat with the upcoming months.