So here we are huh? The “real world”. If I had a time machine, you would want me to go back and fix everything for you (I know you would). Every less than 99% on a test, every broken heart, every bad joke or not so graceful fall. You would want me to tell you what the trick is to winning all this, this game of life.
Lucky for you, I don’t have a time machine, so you’ll get to make a lot of glorious mistakes. There are some things I’d like to be able to tell you though, things I wish I’d known. Starting with this:
1. Those mistakes will make you into the person you are, you’ll realize it one day.
2. It’s okay to get a C or a D or even an F.
3. Do apply yourself though, always try your best.
4. Don’t compare yourself to those girls, or anyone. Ever.
5. Eat that second helping, and third sometimes. You can handle it.
6. Don’t complain about late night practices, or running lines.
7. Sweat pride through your jersey, someday it won’t belong to you.
8. That cat pee smell won’t go away, but you’ll always love those Nikes.
9. Save everything. Don’t burn memories, you can always keep them hidden, but you can’t get them back once they’re gone.
10. Wear what you want. Blending in is overrated.
11. Falling will always be your thing, accept it as a charming quality.
12. He isn’t worth losing your friends.
13. The friends who left weren’t worth having.
14. He didn’t break you, you’re much stronger than you’ll ever know.
15. Be honest. Always.
16. Impressing people is never worth compromising what you feel is right.
17. Don’t let your insecurities hold you back.
18. You are beautiful.
19. Embrace every chance you get to see your grandparents.
20. Stop trying to be an adult. Be young while you can.
21. Don’t be afraid of opportunities.
22. Failure is not that bad.
23. Going to prom with a friend is the best thing that could’ve happened to you.
24. Don’t fight to keep anyone around who wouldn’t do the same for you.
25. Nothing is really the end of the world, although it will feel like it.
26. Your embarassing stories will be something you enjoy telling later on.
27. Change is scary, but it’s also exhilarating, door opening and soul awakening. Live for it, not through it.
28. You create your own happiness.
29. You decide your own worth.
30. You don’t always have to smile.
31. It’s ok, to not be ok.
32.There are beautiful, wonderful adventures ahead.
33. You’ll survive it all.
34. Never stop fighting.